Saturday, March 25, 2017

Endless Whispers: The Village

There are bad dreams for those who sleep unwisely.
-Dracula, by Bram Stoker


Wretched is he whose only memories consist of agonized struggle and purging flame.  I watched most of my family perish beneath the electrified claws of the Wizard.  There is not much left for me.  These strangers come; for good or ill, I know not which.  They make promises.  I heed them.  Why shouldn't I?  I could drink mead as though it were nepenthe - or I could I follow the strangers to the black gates of the Wizard's Tower.  Death awaits me either way.

-Mikhael Verse, Peddler




The Village is a sort of neutral ground where all players are assumed to camp whilst resting from constant battle.  The villagers themselves are a gnarled bunch; more scar than human.  They look upon the players warily, but aid them because they have no other choice.

Rules for the Village can be found HERE.

All Villagers use the same profile except for Friar Sebastian Moore.

 Friar Sebastian Moore is the de facto leader of the Village.

Tavern Wench, Tavern Keeper, Granny.

 Peddler, Blacksmith, Bard.

Farmer, Mother and Children, Tarot Woman.

Apothecary, Friar Sebastian Moore, Grave Digger.


2 comments:

  1. Man, this atmosphere you are creating is amazingly creepy and oppressive, if in one hand I really want to go out from the woods of your story, on the other hand I'd like to explore the dark lands you are painting! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete